Deluxe Culinary Journey To South India and Goa - March 1-17, 2019.
Join Wandering Wok Tours on this 17 day culinary journey through Goa and the South of India.
We visit Chennai, Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), Tanjore, Chettinad, Madurai, Periyar and Cochin. We stay overnight on a houseboat in Kerala and finish with four days of relaxation and more food discoveries in Goa.
The East Coast of Southern India showcases the history of colonialism in India, with huge influences brought by the English and the French.
The southern part of India is famous for its spices and spicy cuisine. Its long past has witnessed the export of spices around the world and its cuisine has been influenced also by foreign invaders such as the Dutch, French and the English.
Some of the chief varieties of spices produced in South India include cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. South India is also known for its abundance of coconut, fish and root tubers.
Goa, at the south-west corner of India, has a remarkable history, including 500 years as a Portuguese outpost. The influence of the Portuguese can be seen in the exquisite, crumbling architecture: in the east-meets-west cuisine which combines coconut milk, palm vinegar and chillies with the refined flavours of Lisbon.
What Does The Tour Include?
- 8 days exploring South India
- 4 days relaxing in Goa
- 2 days Chennai with cooking class and lunch
- 2 days Pondicherry with cooking class, lunch and dinner
- 1 day Tanjore. Visit World Heritage-listed Brihadishvara Temple
- 2 days Chettinad, with cooking demonstration
- 1 day Madurai including a Food Safari
- 1 day Periyar, visit spice market, and watcha Kalaripayattu show
- 1 overnight stay on houseboat in Kerala, including lunch and dinner on the boat
- 2 days Cochin, visiting Phillip Cutty's Homestay for a cooking demonstration with lunch and a cooking class and lunch with Mrs Nimmy
- Flight from Cochin to Goa, via Mumbai
- 4 days in Goa, with a cooking class and farewell dinner
- 12 nights accommodation in 4 star hotels
- Air-conditioned coaches
- English-speaking guides
- Pick-up and transfer from the Chennai airport
- Pick-up and transfer to Goa airport
- Tips along the way
Prices starts at only $6985 twin share. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org