Taste of Sri Lanka - 10-21 November 2018
Taste of Sri Lanka
November 10-21, 2018
Explore the sights, sounds and tastes of Sri Lanka in 12 days of culinary and cultural adventures.
This tour includes:
- Small group, fully escorted tour by English-speaking guides. All tipping.
- 11 nights’ accommodation in top-class hotels with transfers
- 2 nights Dambulla – Start the tour with a Welcome Dinner, visit the World Heritage- listed Dambulla Cave Temple and discover Sri Lanka’s famous spices in a Spice Garden Tour. Travel in a bullock cart to a local village to enjoy a delicious lunch. Take part in a Sri Lankan cooking class at Kalundewa Retreat. Enjoy your stay at the unique Aliya Resort and Spa, situated on 22 acres with its own jungle and offering views of the magnificent Sigirya Rock.
- 3 nights Nuwara-Eliya – the highest town in Sri Lanka and a beautiful hill resort. Travel to the World Heritage-listed ancient rock fortress of Sigiriya, visit tea plantations, enjoy tea tastings, and High Tea. Visit the Grand Hotel farm to pick fresh vegetables and herbs for a gastronomic lunch cooked especially for you with your help. Take an evening stroll around spectacular Gregory Lake. Your stay here is at the enchanting Jetwing St Andrews.
- 3 nights Galle - Drive to Galle via Ella, a beautiful old village with stunning views. Visit the fish market and take part in a seafood cooking class and evening sunset cooking demonstration. Explore Galle Fort, the Old Clock Tower and Galle Beach. Your stay in Galle will be totally relaxing at the Amari Hotel, one of Galle’s finest.
- 3 nights Colombo – Tour Galle Face Green, stroll along the streets while sampling the local food. Visit renowned jewelry shops and explore the Pettah Bazaar and the Dutch Fort. Enjoy a cooking class with Ms Saroja, and celebrate the end of the tour with a delectable Farewell Dinner. Your stay in Colombo is at the beautiful Cinnamon Red Hotel which sits nestled between the city, the ocean and the breathtaking Beira Lake.
Price starts at $5472pp on a twin share basis. Solo travellers $6472.
Email: email@example.com for a detailed itinerary. A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required by the end of June to secure a place.
Special offers –
Receive $200 discount if you are a past traveller with Wandering Wok Tours.
Save more! Bring your friends and save $100 per couple when you book for 4 or more!